Local Library Districts Assist Entrepreneurs Through Market Research, Other Business Resources
Did you know the Arapahoe Library District (ALD) and Douglas County Libraries (DCL) each provide a variety of free resources to entrepreneurs throughout the south metro Denver region?
For small businesses in Arapahoe County, the Arapahoe Library District offers the following:
- One-on-one appointments with skilled business librarians through the “Book a Librarian” program
- Access to a number of market research and industry trend databases, as well as free assistance from the business librarians in using these programs
- Workshops and classes on a variety of small business topics, including computer skills and applications and market research databases
- Free use of small and large meeting rooms (reservations required)
- Business directories and handbooks, consumer market and demographics data, newspapers and magazines, both online and in print
Entrepreneurs in Douglas County have a number of resources at their disposal through the Douglas County Libraries BizInfo program, including:
- One-on-one business research assistance with a specially trained and skilled business librarian
- Seminars and training on a number of small business issues, including general start-up, cash flow, marketing, and business planning
- Tools for Business, featuring local, state, and federal resources to start and grow businesses. Tools for Business contains a business start-up kit with all the forms to comply with government requirements, links to funding resources, green business practices, business tax incentives, employer resources and more
- Use of numerous electronic research databases
- Free computing stations at each branch location with high-speed Internet access
- Access to study rooms, as well as large meeting rooms (reservations required)
To get started with the Arapahoe Library District, contact Smoky Hill Library Business Librarian Suzanne Kaller, MLIS, MBA, at 303-792-8999 ext. 11107 or email@example.com.
To begin working with a business librarian at the nearest Douglas County Libraries branch, call 303-791-7323, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://douglascountylibraries.org/Research/BizInfoForm.
(*A Library Card may be required to utilize these services. Contact each library district for more information.)
The South Metro Denver SBDC hosts workshops at a number of libraries in each district. To see our upcoming classes and reserve your seat, visit www.smallbusinessdenver.com/events-calendar.cfm.